Gaming Services is a software service provided by Microsoft. It allows users to play their favorite games online. Whether it is a game like World of Warcraft or any other game, you can play them online using this service.
However, sometimes, it becomes difficult to access the service. For example, when you try to log into the service, you may receive an error message stating that your account is inactive. Or, you might receive a statement saying that your computer does not meet the minimum requirements needed to run the service.
Whatever the case may be, you want to know how to reset your gaming services. There are many reasons why you may want to reset your gaming services, including the following:
• To fix errors that occur during gameplay
• To prevent errors from occurring again
• To avoid being banned from playing games online
• To remove viruses from your system
• To start fresh and clean
If you have problems with your gaming services, you should consider resetting your gaming services.
How do I reset my gaming services?
Here are some tips to help you reset your gaming services.
1. Reset your password
You can reset your password by logging into your Microsoft Account. Enter your email address and click on “Reset Password.” Then enter your new password twice and click on “Confirm New Password.”
2. Update your operating system
Click on Check now and wait until it finishes checking for updates.
3. Restart your device
Restarting your device is another way to reset your gaming services without losing data. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to continue your device. After that, release the power button and let go, and your device will automatically reboot.
4. Clear cache and cookies
To clear cached files and cookies in Windows 8/10, follow these steps. Tap on Cached files and tap on Delete all items. Click on OK.
5. Reinstall your drivers
To reinstall your drivers, first, download the latest version of the driver from the manufacturer’s website. You can find the link to the driver on the manufacturer’s website. Once downloaded, open the folder where you saved the file and double-click on the.exe file. This will install the driver on your PC.
6. Remove your antivirus program
If you have installed an antivirus program such as McAfee, Norton 360, AVG, Avast, etc., you need to uninstall it before you can reset your gaming services. Select the antivirus program and click Uninstall.
7. Disable your firewall
Disabling your firewall is also one way to reset your gaming service. In the left pane, click on Turn Windows features on or off. If you see ‘Windows Defender Firewall,’ select it and click on Change settings. Under the ‘Select a location for Windows Defender Firewall’ option, select ‘Allow programs and features through Windows Defender Firewall. ‘
Also Read: How to redeem a Roblox gift card on Amazon?
What Windows 10 services can I disable for gaming?
Several services within Windows 10 can affect your ability to play games online. Here are some of them:
• Game Mode
Game mode allows Windows to prioritize certain apps over others. Game mode disables background tasks like web browsing and other nonessential software when enabled. It also limits screen brightness. However, the disabling game mode might not always work because some require specific hardware configurations.
• Background app refresh
Background app refresh allows Windows to check for any changes made to apps while running. The feature is useful when playing games online, but if you don’t want to use this feature, you can turn it off.
• Store apps
Store apps allow users to browse and download apps directly from the Windows Store. These apps include everything ranging from video editors to productivity tools. Disabling store apps won’t prevent you from downloading apps via the Store app, but it will stop you from using the apps once they’re installed.
Cortana is a digital personal assistant developed by Microsoft. While it doesn’t replace the search function of Windows, it does provide additional information about your computer and its surroundings. For example, Cortana knows what time it is, how many emails are waiting for you, and who is calling you now.
• Wi-Fi Sense
Wi-Fi Sense is a feature that helps users connect their devices automatically to available wireless networks. By default, Wi-Fi Sense enables users to connect to nearby hotspots without entering passwords manually.
• Network discovery
Network discovery is used to help users discover new Wi-Fi networks. Windows turns this feature on by default whenever it detects a network connection. But you can quickly turn it off.
How do I disable gaming services?
You can disable all these services in Device Manager. There you will be able to disable individual services.
- Go to Services (Start > search for “Services”)
- Right Click on Gaming Service and choose Properties
- Click on Startup Type
- Uncheck “Automatic”
- Click OK.
Disable all the services which you don’t need. You can enable it again later after you are done with gaming.
How to Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall is a critical security tool provided by Microsoft. This tool blocks malicious websites and prevents malware attacks. To disable Windows Defender Firewall, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select System.
4. Click Security.
5. Scroll down and locate Windows Defender Firewall.
6. Uncheck the box next to Enable Windows Defender Firewall.
How do I reinstall Microsoft gaming services?
If you accidentally uninstalled or disabled gaming services, you can reenable them using the following steps:1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Double click on Add / Remove Programs.
3. Find the program named ‘Microsoft Games.’
4. Right-click on it and select uninstall.
5. Follow steps 2 to 4 to remove the remaining programs.
6. Restart your PC.
7. Install the exact version of the service back.
8. Reinstall the previous version of the service by following the above process.
9. Turn on the features one by one until you find the part that causes problems.
10. If you cannot find the problem, try disabling/enabling the feature.
11. Once you have found the culprit, go ahead and fix it.
12. Finally, restart your system.
How do I reinstall the Xbox app on Windows 10?
If you want to reinstall the Xbox app, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Click Apps & Features.
3. Locate the Xbox App.
4. Click Uninstall.
5. Wait for the app to finish uninstalling.
6. Restart your device.
7. Download the latest version of the app from the official website.
8. Run the downloaded file.
9. The app should start installing itself.
10. When finished, open the app and sign in to your account.
Can’t download Windows Store games?
When trying to install Windows Store apps, the first thing you might notice is that they are not showing up in the list of installed apps. That means there is something wrong with either the installation or the permissions set by the user. Here are some possible reasons you may be unable to download Windows Store apps.
1. Your antivirus software has flagged them as viruses, and it sometimes happens because the virus scanner is too strict.
2. You haven’t signed in to the store yet. Signing allows the app to access your personal information like credit card details.
3. You have no internet connection, and some apps require internet connectivity to work correctly.
4. You are using a proxy server. Most companies use proxies to filter out unwanted content while downloading files.
5. The app requires more storage space than what you have available.
6. You didn’t allow enough time for the app to install.
7. You are trying to run the app on a different computer altogether.
8. The app requires admin privileges. In most cases, this will happen if the app needs to change any settings.
Why won’t my game be installed on the Microsoft store?
There are several reasons why your game won’t install on Microsoft Store. Make sure you check all of them before contacting us.
1. Verify that you have the latest version of DirectX installed. Direct X is required to play many games.
2. Check whether you have an active Internet connection. Many games require online functionality to function correctly.
3. Try rerunning the game after turning off your antivirus software. This can help identify issues caused by a virus.
4. Try changing your resolution. Games often look better at higher resolutions.
5. Try updating your graphics drivers. Make sure you have the latest ones installed.
6. Close all other applications before launching the game, which helps eliminate conflicts between multiple programs.
7. Try rebooting your PC. Sometimes, reboots can clear temporary files.
8. Try opening the game through a different browser—for example, Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.
9. Try launching the game on another operating system.
We hope you found our guide helpful! We would love to hear your feedback about it. Feel free to leave a comment below.