We are edging ever closer to the full and final release of the next big version of Kodi, codenamed Leia.
The second release candidate drops today, meaning the Kodi Foundation is still on target to release the final build this year.
- New Kodi 18 ‘Leia’ Release Candidate (RC1) available to download now!
- Kodi 18 ‘Leia’ will come with fewer features installed, and that’s a good thing
Most notable changes in RC2 include:
- Update documentation regarding Python and Skin development: Kodi Doxygen
- Linux powermanagement: change logind detection to also use Dbus
- Android: Fix playback for some PVR add-ons
- Fix performance issue in PVR recording sub menu by reducing number of resume point update requests
- Android: Assign joysticks in order of MRU (last activation)
- Fix crash when an add-on did not define a version number
- VideoPlayer: fix state of a/v players after switching refresh rate
- Add new setting that allows to hide “spoiler” text for TV shows or movies
Other changes can be viewed on the github repository here: RC2 changes.
To download the latest release candidate, go to the Official download page, select your platform of choice and you’ll find it under the pre-release tab. For Android and Windows there is an easy-to-use download add-on available in Kodi’s repository.